Three Established Agencies Merge to Form 9Rooftops
MARC USA, BFG and BLR|further Unite as Integrated Services Agency Designed for the New Normal
June 2nd, 2020 – Leading U.S. marketing, advertising and creative agencies – MARC USA, BFG and BLR|further – today announced a strategic consolidation of services and a combined business’ rebrand to 9Rooftops. The new agency creates an integrated offering with nearly 125 years of combined experience, more than 300 employees, and offices in nine cities. 9Rooftops will be led by a senior team that reflects the strengths and capabilities of each agency, blending strategy, creativity and industry-leading data science and analytics to stay ahead of a profoundly changing marketplace.
“9Rooftops is launching at the moment when dramatic changes in business and lifestyles create new opportunities – and pressures – for marketers,” said Kevin Meany, BFG founder and now CEO of 9Rooftops. “As we all adapt our way out of this disruption, CMOs need rapid, relevant and sustained brand momentum. 9Rooftops is now able to deliver for them by bringing together a larger pool of talented and experienced experts, while still remaining nimble and agile in our programs.”
MARC USA, BFG and BLR|further quietly joined operations at the end of first quarter 2020. Under the new agency, BLR|further’s dedicated practice bolsters 9Rooftops healthcare expertise. Cogniscient Media, which was launched within MARC in 2018, is now 9Rooftops’s branded, full-service media practice.
More about 9Rooftops:
- Moniker Meaning: The name references a commanding line-of-sight to a client’s business and marketing success. The number nine is a nod to the founding number of offices, and auspiciously has often been referred to as a symbol of wisdom, creativity and empathy.
- Industry Expertise: The newly formed team has combined experience with hundreds of clients including wellness, healthcare, QSR, CPG, tourism, beverages, entertainment and media.
- Client Roster: Among 9Rooftops current clients: Honest Tea, Qdoba, Barilla, Conair Man, Turner Broadcasting, South Carolina Tourism, Bellin Health System, Carle Health, Glanbia, Coca-Cola and the Pennsylvania and Maryland state lottery agencies.
- Geographic Footprint: Current offices in New York City, Chicago, Boston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Birmingham, Miami and Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- In-House Studio: A major asset is a fully equipped 6,000 sq. ft. content studio, with a dedicated full-time staff of photographers, producers, and editors, to meet the dynamic, multimedia integrated marketing needs of today’s brands.
“At a time when marketers are challenged by the uncertainty of the journey ahead, we’re launching a powerful new agency that’s ready to take a fearless leap at those challenges,” said Amy Nixon, SVP, Strategy Director, 9Rooftops. “Never before has the need for measurable business results converged so compellingly with the need for inspired creative,” she added. “We will apply sophisticated analysis to data sets to feed insightful strategy and creative to help our clients find ways to win in this new world.”
Scott Seymour, BFG’s award winning Chief Creative Officer will take the top creative spot at 9Rooftops. “Our team’s creative, cross-channel firepower and track record of breakthrough brand experiences is now enhanced with advanced data science and data analytics talent, innovative research tools and digital strategy and implementation capabilities,” Seymour said. “Our promise to clients is fresh, bold, scalable brand ideas and experiences that drive business growth.” 9Rooftops also brings talent and experience across the integrated marketing spectrum: shopper marketing, CRM and loyalty programs, and social media, content, influencer and experiential marketing.
The 9Rooftops leadership team includes:
- Kevin Meany, BFG founder and now CEO, 9Rooftops
- Cary Bynum, former President of BLR|further; now President, 9Rooftops Health Group
- Scott Seymour, EVP, Chief Creative Officer, 9Rooftops
- Jason Vogt, SVP Chief Operations Officer, 9Rooftops
- Jon Galatis, SVP, Managing Director, Accounts, 9Rooftops
- Lisa Ringelstetter, SVP, Managing Director, Accounts, 9Rooftops
- Amy Nixon, SVP, Strategy Director, 9Rooftops
- TJ Crawford, SVP, Digital Strategy, 9Rooftops
- Dave Buklarewicz, EVP, Executive Media Director, Cogniscient Media
- Jerry Thompson, EVP, PR & Communications, 9Rooftops
- Barbara Hart, Chief Financial Officer, 9Rooftops